Through the Childnet Digital Leader training, you will gain key skills and knowledge, including: online safety knowledge; communication, presentation and teaching skills; leadership skills and confidence; and teamwork and planning skills.
You will also have the opportunity to train as a Diana Award Be Strong Online Ambassador. This programme empowers young people to be positive role online models to their peers and to help their peers navigate the online world safely.
Digital Leaders will:
- Deliver education sessions for young people in our school and community
- Raise awareness online about internet safety, tweeting from @BHS_DL, our Facebook page and offline by using the space around them to help promote messages about the safe and positive use of technology
- Educate the wider community by reaching out to other groups in Ballyclare
- Carry out research in order to find out more about our pupil’s use of technology
- Be an expert in their community by giving advice and support about a range of issues.
- Influence how Ballyclare High School helps ensure pupils are using technology kindly, respectfully, creatively and responsibly
- Create educational resources about making the right choices and staying safe online
Mrs Hill, who coordinates the programme, will:
- Support the team of Digital Leaders as they progress through the programme
- Support pupils when developing resources or presentations
- Highlight opportunities for further development in this area with organisations such as Childnet, The Diana Award, Safeguarding Board (NI), PSNI, National Children’s Bureau (NI) and the NI Anti-Bullying Forum
- Showcase the work they are doing with the rest of the school and community
For up-to-date information on the day and time that Digital Leaders meet, please see the posters around school, or speak to Mrs Hill (R129) if you’d like to know more.