Reasons for a young person to consider a career in IT
- Highly attractive salaries and conditions
- An unprecedented range of employment opportunities both within and outside N Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- The IT sector is forecast to grow considerably in the next 5 – 10 years and beyond so there will be lots of jobs in the future.
- A wide range of pathways to access a career in IT currently available including fully funded Higher Level Apprenticeships.
- A fast paces and exciting environment which offers experience of a range of industries and markets.
- A realistic opportunity for your son/daughter to put their skills and qualifications to use as part of a dynamic global industry.
Careers and Further Study
GCE Digital Technology/Computer Science can lead to a wide range of careers including multimedia and website design, software design, games design, computer programming, graphic design, IT management, CAM engineering and CAD design.
An Advanced GCE AS or full A Level in Digital Technology/Computer Science combines well with almost all other AS and Advanced GCE subjects. Taken with Mathematics and Science, it supports applications for any IT-based University courses. Taken with Languages or Arts it supports an equally wide range of university courses such as Communications, Media, Business and Management.
Over the past number of years many students who studied Computer Science and IT have gone on to study at various universities across the UK studying courses such as:
- Photography and Media Studies
- Computing Science
- Computer Science including Professional Experience
- Computing and Information Technology
- Business Management
- Digital Interaction Design
- PGCE in Computer Science