At GCSE level we use the CCEA examination board. The course aims to give pupils knowledge and understanding of developing and maintaining a balanced and healthy lifestyle, developing competence in different types of physical activity in different roles and contexts, selecting and applying tactics and strategies and analysing and evaluating physical performance.
- Theory of healthy lifestyles (40%)
- Lifestyle Profile – a 12 week fitness programme individually designed (20%)
- Skill Analysis – Skilled performance – identify one weakness in a skill and design a 6 week programme to improve on it (10%). Identify strength and weaknesses in another performer and work towards improving.
- Individual performance in 3 sports.
- In one of your chosen sports you may be an official / leader instead of a performer (30%)
GCSE Bitesize – http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/znyb4wx
CCEA GCSE PE by Derek Prentice
PE for CCEA GCSE Workbook