Politics Careers and Further Study
Through the study of Politics you will be taught not what to think but how to think. You will learn how to:
- Analyse evidence and arguments; this skill is useful in all fields of employment but Law students have found their study of Politics particularly helpful.
- Argue from an informed point of view.
- Assess and analysis of source information. In addition to undertaking independent research, you will also develop your interpersonal skills in IT, information gathering, project planning and problem solving.
- Create presentations and develop your skills in summarising arguments and key points.
- Improve your communication skills, which will be useful for a range of careers including Law, Business, Journalism, Marketing, Education and Human Resources.
Check out the Political Studies Association Website for more information on Studying Politics and Careers.
Benefits of Studying Politics – https://www.psa.ac.uk/psa-communities/specialist-groups/schools/studying-politics-benefits