School Transport Advice from Dept of Transport
By Ballyclare High School on 25 August, 2020
1st September onwards
School transport will not operate on 31st August. All school transport services will resume as normal from 1st September 2020.
Help us to help your pupils
Here are the things that your pupils can do to help keep themselves, and others, safe on their journey:
- Wash their hands regularly and especially before you get on a
- Use hand sanitizer when they get on board if it is
- Wear a face covering when they
- Catch It, Bin It, Kill it! Carry tissues, cover coughs and
- Fill seats from the back and sit apart if If not, sit with a sibling or another pupil from the same class, year or school. Try to sit in the same seat each day.
- Give other passengers their space when queuing, and getting on and off the vehicle
ý DO NOT travel if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 symptoms or your household has been advised to isolate.
ý DO NOT share phones or other personal items with other passengers.
ý DO NOT eat or drink on board (unless it is required for medical purposes).
ý DO NOT approach the driver.
ý DO NOT litter. Take any rubbish with you and dispose of it safely.
We recognise that some of these steps may not be possible; particularly for children with a special educational need.