Calling all parents & carers: Request to download SIMS Parent app
By Ballyclare High School on 3 September, 2019
Much has been done to enhance our communication with you over the past few years. Our website has been redesigned and is updated weekly, messages via social media are now common place and e-mails and newsletters are frequent.
The next step to providing you with important information is to introduce Parent App. Parent App is primarily intended to prompt discussion between parent and child with no obligation to follow up with a call to the teacher. It will be used to provide you with:
- the school calendar and key dates;
- whole school messages;
- your son/daughter’s timetable/s;
- details of their attendance and punctuality;
- class assessment scores;
- incidences of inappropriate behaviour;
- academic, sporting and cultural achievements in school
- messages from the teacher about your child or their class;
- access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency;
- electronic access to summer and winter reports
We are very pleased to be able to enhance home/school links in this more expedient way. Mr Shaw, Lead Teacher for ParentApp and Chair of our Education Technology Strategy Group, will be the point of contact for any technical issues that arise.
If you have not already started to use this App, then you should have received an email link into the email account you have provided to the school. Please click on this link, you have 14 days to sign up , before the link becomes invalid. Please refer to the next few pages on the link below for instructions on how to set up and use the ParentApp software.
Dr Michelle Rainey