Arrangements for collection of results on Tuesday 10th August for Yr 13 & Yr 14 pupils
By Ballyclare High School on 9 August, 2021
Please see attached a letter from Mrs McKay regarding collection of results on Tuesday 10th August for Yr 13 & Yr 14 pupils;
We hope you have enjoyed a well-earned break over the summer and are beginning to feel more refreshed. In advance of your Results Day, we wish to congratulate all of you on your achievements and I assure Yr 13 pupils that Mrs Hill’s plans are well underway for your Year 14 Induction on the 26th August 2021.
I hope you understand the need to organise the arrival and exit of all pupils on Results Day safely and we appreciate your patience in advance. The following information will really help us to make the collection of results as safe and efficient as possible, so please try to attend school at the times stated below to assist staff.
(This letter follows the previous one sent to your parents at the end of June in relation to arrangements/guidance in August for collection of results and sixth form curriculum planning).
Please be aware that these arrangements are in line with current DENI COVID-19 guidance to keep all pupils and staff as safe as possible.
- All pupils should arrive via the playground using the rear entrance to the school; the front entrance will be closed.
- Door will open at 8.45 a.m. on Tuesday 10th August 2021.
- We ask that you wear a mask and fully respect the social distancing measures in place while on the school premises.
- Results will be issued in the Montgomery Sports Hall as stated in the previous correspondence.
- Due to our Covid risk assessments, it is regrettable that only one adult can accompany any pupil into school – there will be no
- All pupils are required to bring their own pen.
- On entering the school all pupils should wear a mask and sanitise their hands.
- No belongings/bags should be brought to school.
- Year 14 will be asked to collect their results from the girls’ PE changing room side of the Montgomery Sports Hall and leave the hall via the RS corridor and exit the school building via the Music door at the front of school. Mrs McCluney will be available should you need further assistance.
- Year 13 will be asked to collect their results from the Careers Room side of the Montgomery Sports Hall and leave the hall via the Millennium Garden and/or enter the Assembly Hall to await interviews with Senior staff in the Gym.
- Please follow the signs directing the flow of pupils and adhere to the application of a “one-way” system of travel throughout demarcated social distancing zones.
- Pupils requesting to see specific staff will be asked to wait in designated areas as signposted, again in demarcated social distancing zones after they collect results.
- Year 13 pupils are reminded that staff will be available to discuss and confirm AS choices during the following two sessions:
Tuesday 10th August 2021
8.45am – 12.00 noon and 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
Pupils should not assume automatic entry into Year 14.
All Year 13 pupils must attend one of these sessions or contact the school during Tuesday so that enrolment numbers and classes can be processed expediently for the start of the new school year. This is essential.
All pupils who have completed the necessary documentation can leave the school building as soon as it is submitted, via the Gym fire door exit.
Pupils should wear masks while inside the school building and the practice of good respiratory hygiene should follow the “catch it, bin it, kill it” approach. Pupils will be supported with these expectations that we all have to implement.
I appreciate your patience with these strict guidelines for the collection of results, but it is our sincere wish to support all our pupils on the day but at the same time keep pupils and their immediate families safe to allow full attendance at the start of term.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Hill or myself.
Mrs A McKay