In the Biology Department, we aim:
- To develop an enjoyment of, and interest in, Biology.
- To provide a safe learning environment;
- To develop an understanding of scientific methods, skill and capabilities.
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners;
- To allow understanding of some of the main areas of Biology, so pupils are able to make use of Biology in new and changing situations in today’s society.
- To give pupils a scientific training, either as an end in itself or as an appropriate foundation for further study of Biology or related subjects at KS4, A Level and beyond.