Pupils in Years 8 to 10 have discrete Music lessons forty minutes per week. Pupils are provided with the opportunity to build upon existing skills in Key Stage 2 and embrace new music skills in Key Stage 3. Lessons are delivered in specialised music rooms and pupils have the opportunity to become familiar with different instruments at Ballyclare High School while learning about a variety of music software packages.
There are two full time members of staff responsible for teaching music from Year 8 up to A-level, who are supported by twelve peripatetic instrumental and vocal tutors.
- Miss D Orr – Head of Music
- Mrs C Doherty – Teacher
- Mr M Barkley – Brass / electric Guitar
- Mr G Cobain – Percussion
- Miss S Greer – Voice
- Miss J Heaney – Flute
- Mr S Heron – Cello / Double Bass
- Mr C Lowry – Violin / Viola
- Mr P McCrisken – Oboe / Bassoon / Saxophone
- Mr S Moreland – Piano / Classical Guitar
- Miss B Simpson – Clarinet
The department currently has two classrooms fully equipped with interactive whiteboards, keyboards, pcs and iMacs. In addition to this, there are five practice rooms used for instrumental/vocal tuition and group work.