E-Safety Digital Leaders
Through the Digital Leader training, you will gain key skills and knowledge, including: esafety knowledge; communication, presentation and teaching skills; leadership skills and confidence; and teamwork and planning skills.
Digital Leaders will:
- Deliver education sessions for young people in our school and community
- Raise awareness online about internet safety, tweeting from @BHS_DL, and offline by using the space around them to help promote messages about the safe and positive use of technology
- Educate the wider community by reaching out to other groups in Ballyclare
- Carry out research in order to find out more about our pupil’s use of technology
- Be an expert in their community by giving advice and support about a range of issues.
- Influence how Ballyclare High School helps ensure pupils are using technology kindly, respectfully, creatively and responsibly
- Create educational resources about making the right choices and staying safe online
Mrs Hill, who coordinates the programme, will:
- Support the team of Digital Leaders as they progress through the programme
- Support pupils when developing resources or presentations
- Highlight opportunities for further development in this area through organisations such as Childnet, Safeguarding Board (NI), PSNI, National Children’s Bureau (NI) and the NI Anti-Bullying Forum
- Showcase the work they are doing with the rest of the school and community
For up-to-date information on the day and time that Digital Leaders meet, please see the posters around school, or speak to Mrs Hill (R129) if you’d like to know more.